BBC Arabic 4 Tech reports on ‘Robots and Avatars’
From November to December 2012, BBC ARABIC technology programme, 4 Tech dedicated a series of 3 report on Robots and Avatars, covered by journalist Anees Al Qudaihi.
The reports explore the creative and technological process of 3 key works presented as part of Robots and Avatars: ‘Outreach‘ an architectural / kinetic conceptual work by Alex Haw (atmos) with Mauritius Seeger (dr. mo), ‘Music for Flesh II‘ an interactive music performance for enhanced body by Marco Donnarumma, and Robots and Avatars Commission ‘Visions of our Communal Dreams‘, a new media art installation blending virtual, physical and networked environments by Michael Takeo Magruder with collaborators.
- 7 November 2012: Marco Donnarumma on ‘Music for Flesh II’ from 15:00 to 20:15. WATCH HERE.
- 1 December 2012: Ghislaine Boddington on ‘Robots and Avatars’ and ‘Visions of our Communal Dreams’ from 18:30 to the end. WATCH HERE
- 9 December 2012: Alex Haw / ATMOS on ‘Outreach’ from 16:00 to 20:40. WATCH HERE
- ‘The rise of the robot’ on BBC Business Daily
- More international press coverage for Robots and Avatars
- ‘Body Motion and Motion Capture’ Workshop at Altart as part of Robots and Avatars
- Ghislaine Boddington presenting ‘Robots and Avatars’ at ‘European Audiences: 2020 and beyond’ Conference in Brussels
- Join Robots and Avatars at KIBLA from anywhere in the world!
- Robots and Avatars is going to KIBLA – Slovenia!
- NASA’s Robotic Avatars
- Robots and Avatars is blogging!