Archive for September, 2011
We were very happy to have received just under 200 applications from 27 countries in total for the Robots and Avatars Call for Proposals and we are extremely pleased with the high level of innovation, creativity and interactivity of the projects submitted.
We can now announce the projects which have been pre-selected for consideration by the Robots and Avatars Jury. 29 projects have been pre-selected in the Call for Exhibits category and 10 projects from the Development Commissions. Please see the full list here
The final selected artists will be announced by Friday 21st October 2011 after selection by the Jury.
The Robots and Avatars Exhibition Jury is made up of the directors from the project co-organisers and partners plus an independent expert from outside Europe. This is a curational jury to create the exhibition from the call.
• Ghislaine Boddington, Creative Director, body>data>space, London, (UK)
• Dooeun Choi, Creative Director, Art Centre Nabi, Seoul, (KR) (online involvement)
• Peter Tomaž Dobrila – Advisor for Programme and International Relations, European Capital of
Culture Maribor 2012, (SI)
• Aleksandra Kostic, President, KIBLA, Maribor, (SI)
• David Sabel, Head of Digital Media, National Theatre, London, (UK)
• Mike Stubbs, Director, FACT (Foundation for Arts and Creative Technology), Liverpool, (UK)
• Istvan Szakats, Director, AltArt, Cluj-Napoca, (RO)
• Cameron Bobro – Composer, performer, organiser, KIBLA, (SLO)
Robots and Avatars will present two Development Commissions and additionally a minimum of six existing works as an Exhibition in 2012